Hi everyone! Stephanie here, the President of WiB for 2014/2015. This might be a long post, with several lists, so brace yourselves 😉
On Thursday, 12th of March, the Executive Committee for 2014/2015 stepped down, giving way to our newly elected committee led by Chloe as our new President. It has been an amazing year for the society and for myself, personally, leading the society. A brief overview of some of the things we’ve done this year:
– We’ve organized four image branding workshops this year, giving our members a full package of self-branding skills
– Rebranded our annual keynote event to Portraits of Progress, with Ashanti Omkar as our keynote speaker and woman panelists holding mainly senior positions in their companies, each of them having outstanding personalities and inspiring stories.
– Collaborated with Women Leaders of Tomorrow and the LSESU Women’s Network to organize the week-long Red Lips Project to celebrate International Women’s Day. It started off with a highly attended Launching Night with Connie Jackson as keynote speaker, a Red Lips – “Get Powerful” photo booth in the Student Centre throughout the week, a feature in the AU’s Fight Night and finally, ending with a bang on Friday with our Closing Party in Sway Bar
– A private dinner with Dessi Bell, founder of WiB, who after working with JP Morgan for 5 years, founded the award-winning brand Zaggora and has just started a new company called Bijoux Place (http://bijouxplace.com/). There was such a high demand, we organized another dinner with her!
– Fun and casual cocktail night with the UCLU Women in Finance Society
Just going through that list makes me tremendously grateful for the all the things that have happened with the society and as you might have guessed, a huge THANK YOU is due:
– To our members for supporting us throughout the year with your attendances to our events. Thanks for being so engaged in all of the event, thereby making them far better than we expected and thanks also for all your suggestions
– To all the societies we’ve collaborated with – among others, the Business Society, Economics Society, Investment Society, UCLU’s Women in Finance Society and most of all, the Women Leaders of Tomorrow. We’ve learnt much from working with each of you!
– To our generous sponsors who have gone beyond giving us financial sponsorships by giving our members numerous opportunities for improving their networks and experiences through organizing events with us
– To Mandy Lehto of CMB Images for your stellar workshops
– To all the invited speakers who graced our various events, you remind us how powerful a women’s network can be
And last but definitely not least a huge THANK YOU and bucket loads of love to the committee (including the subcommittees, of course!) for your work throughout the year. The energy, initiative and dedication from each one of you contributed to this year’s success and personally, I’ve learnt a lot from working with all of you.
As to the new committee, I wish only the best for you and may the coming year be an even greater one for WiB!