We hold a number of events throughout the academic year ranging from skill workshops with industry professionals to panel sessions that allow members to learn from leading industry experts and network with representatives from top firms.
Women Empowerment Week 2019
The week-long campaign is designed to help educate the LSE community on the challenges faced by modern women, as well as celebrating the achievements of women on and off campus.
We want women to be able to take control of their own lives and to feel confident embarking on whichever career path they may choose regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic background or sexual orientation. Women are still highly under-represented in industries such as Entrepreneurship, Banking and Law and we want to ensure Women in Business members to leave LSE knowing that their gender shouldn’t be an obstacle in achieving their goals, both in the workplace and the wider world.
While society has made great progress in advancing gender equality, we believe there is still work to be done. We want Women Empowerment Week to provide our members with the opportunity to develop soft skills, build confidence in their abilities, learn top tips for success from inspirational women, and assist them in building a supportive network of like-minded individuals.
We are grateful to the LSESU Fund for providing financial support for this event.
Time: Varies ( refer to Facebook event pages)
Date: 25th February – 1st March 2019
Location: ( refer to Facebook event pages )
We kick off the week with a Welcome Address by an inspirational female leader in society over drinks and canapés. Find out what lessons she has learnt and her advice for ambitious young females like YOU. Come along to find out more about the upcoming activities we have planned for the week and meet new friends!
Our keynote speaker will be announced soon, so keep an eye on the event page for updates!
We have an exciting line-up for the upcoming academic year. Watch this space or like our Facebook page to keep up to date with the latest events!
We are proud to have brought the following events in 2017/18:
- Monitor Deloitte – LSE Women Networking Drinks | Tuesday, 17th of October
- RBS – Graduate Panel Q&A | Thursday, 19th of October
- Credo – Company Presentation: UCL WinF x LSE WiB | Monday, 23rd of October
- Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) – Company Information Session | Monday, 23rd of October
- Credit Suisse – Female Networking Event | Wednesday, 25th of October
- Applied Predictive Technologies (APT) – Women’s Dinner | Wednesday, 25th of October
- Accenture – ‘This is Accenture’ | Monday, 16th of October
- Credit Suisse – Interactive Online Session | Monday, 6th of November
- JP Morgan – LSE Alumni Panel Session | Thursday, 9th of November
- Clyde & Co – Opportunities in Law | Thursday, 9th of November
- LSESU WiB Conference | Saturday, 18th of November
- Cornerstone Research Lunch and Networking | Tuesday, 23th of January
- WIB Photoshoot For Linkedin (Limited Spaces!) | Tuesday, 30th of January